Financial Accountant - 1-3 years PQE - Dublin City Centre
The successful candidate will play a significant role within EAIB's finance department and team (International contracts) along with providing support to EAIB's Finance Manager and Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
Primary duties and responsibilities
Working within EAIB's Finance team, the primary duties and responsibilities of the Finance Accountant will include the following:
* Manage the data coordination and scheduling of the monthly back-office (NSV2) batch planning process including ensuring that all International contract details are processed correctly within EAIB's back-office, reporting and accounting systems (NSV2, SAP and BPC).
* Manage and control the completion of all internal and external reporting requirements for EAIB's International contract business including the monthly & quarterly data interface process between SAP general ledger and EA Group's internal reporting system (BPC).
* Review, control and analyse assigned International contract business on a monthly/quarterly basis including the preparation of all required analysis and commentaries which explain the key drivers of the results for each assigned International contract
* Manage and control the Forecast and Budgeting process for EAIB's International contract business in conjunction with the key business lines (Travel, Automotive and Home & Family) commercial departments and EA subsidiaries including the update of all four phases in EA Group's internal reporting system (BPC)
* Actively participate in Project Emerald (International Contracts) process to assess International contract profitability, manage internal control activities and assess and implement risk mitigating actions
* Participate in the onboarding process for new International Contracts, ensuring that all process flows are set up correctly.
* Liaise with EAIB's local and consolidation finance team members for the inclusion of International contract business in EAIB's consolidated results in line with EA Group's reporting requirements and communicated deadlines on a monthly/quarterly basis.
* Support the Finance Manager in the back-office (NSV2) upgrade process
Other duties and responsibilities
* Understand all EAIB's business, processes and Group systems for managing and controlling the various International contracts & the factors influencing their performance in order to properly review & analyse the business performance including the identification of and resolution of issues on a timely basis
* Along with the other responsible finance team members, prepare and maintain a complete and transparent audit trail for International contracts
* Provide support to the back-office accountant and assistant accountant(s) in completing their assigned tasks (reporting, reconciliations and back office) including the update and maintenance of all monthly control schedules
* Assist and actively contribute to the development of EAIB's systems, processes and controls for International contracts
* Develop and manage the key relationships with the key commercial departments, based in Paris and Madrid, responsible for the International business lines (Travel, Automotive and Home & Family) and EA subsidiaries as required
* Ad hoc project work assigned by the Finance Manager and/or Chief Financial Officer
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant (3 years PQE) with experience in accounts preparation and financial reporting and control.
The successful candidate must have:
* Excellent numeric skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
* Excellent knowledge of and ability to use all MS Office programmes
* A strong ability to work on their own initiative
* Possess excellent analytical, problem solving and relationship building skills
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* An ability to learn a role quickly following period of training
The successful candidate will ideally have:
* Insurance/Reinsurance background and accounting experience
* SAP reporting system knowledge and experience
* A European language (French/Spanish) would be seen as an advantage