Responsible for ensuring quality delivery of the IFRS month end closing process for all entities in our scope.
- Manage and implement processes for all new business requirements as they arise
- Continuously developing a culture of process efficiency and optimization including automation where possible
- Standardisation and alignment on processes between Dublin and Paris
- Responsible for managing the IFRS closing for all entities in our scope
- Review and sign off on IFRS accounts for all entities in our scope in advance of presenting to Senior Management.
Work closely with the Paris team to ensure numbers are delivered in line with deadlines to ensure timely and efficient consolidation into the Management Accounts view.
- Responsible for AP Dublin FRDC inputs as required each quarter.
- Co-ordinate and manage AWCS and HIC cashflows with the relevant team members to ensure they are delivered in line with expectations.
- Work as part of the Finance Accounting & Reporting team to deliver IFRS &Solvency II closings. Review and sign off as required ensuring all deliverables are met in line with deadlines.
- Point of contact for Global office on all IFRS queries, also using this as an opportunity to build strong relationships with the team in Global Office
- Deliver quarterly and annual regulatory & statutory reporting including management of internal and external audits as required.
- Review and sign off on tax calculations as required including IPT, Corporation Tax and VAT. Work closely with the local Tax manager, Finance manager and/or local Fiscal reps on all tax topics.
- Define and implement new business/fronting requirements as they arise ensuring to include the relevant team members where needed
- Support AP Dublin balance sheet management initiative. Work with the team in Dublin to develop balance sheet management reporting with a particular focus on aged items.
- Support on accounting policy topics as they arise and work with the team to implement and ensure there is full understanding on the team regarding the impact and relevance.
- Work closely with FSS team in India to ensure processes are completed in line with expectations. Review and sign off on outputs as required.
- Robotics & FSS resolution management as required.
- Work alongside the Paris team with a particular focus on streamlining processes between both offices and ensuring we take a consistent approach across both teams in regards to our IFRS & Solvency II processes.
- Enhance processes and procedures at the outset and on an ongoing basis to ensure a strong control environment with standard policies and procedures. This should extend to all EUC and ICOFR requirements where we have strong control framework to support accurate Accounting & Reporting
- Identify & implement value add activities that demonstrate to the business and key stakeholders the Finance value add components
- Represent the Finance department as a true partner to the business while going beyond pure feedback on inquiries by providing strategic advice and value add input
- Actively participate in the Finance team including promoting and driving department initiatives.
- 5+ years PQE experience in a similar role with experience in IFRS
- Experience preparing month end accounts including detailed reconciliations
- Experience in Solvency II, Regulatory reporting or tax would be an advantage
- Implementing accounting policies in the closing process
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong team spirit and works well with international colleagues of different cultural backgrounds
- Pro-active, open minded attitude and willing to go the extra mile
- Excellent technical and analytical skills, logical in approach and high attention to detail
- Procedural knowhow and ability to drive decision-making process
- Experience reviewing existing processes; and proposing or implementing process efficiencies, improvements or harmonisation across processes
Education and other requirements:
- Hold a third level business degree and appropriate professional accounting qualification
- Knowledge in IFRS 17 would be an advantage
- Fluency in English
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to manage relationships both internal and external.
- Ability to express ideas and messages clearly, both written and verbally.
- Strong financial and analytical skills;
- High standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills;
- Valid EU work permit