Finance Process Improvement Manager
Oliver James Associates are currently recruiting for a Finance Process Improvement Manager to join a large listed insurance business based in Greenwich, CT. This industry leader is going through significant growth and are looking to implement a variety of processes improvement initiatives across the business.
This is a permanent opportunity to join a global insurance and reinsurance client based in Greenwich.
In this role you will be responsible for driving a variety of projects focused on efficiencies and commercialisation of the finance function. Given the impact of the change across the finance function someone with high touch stakeholder engagement experience at a senior level is required although with a background of leading process improvement initiative in a complex organisation.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Internal control maintenance and improvement
- Implement policies and procedures to ensure the integrity of financial information
- Oversight of the group consolidation process
- Maintain accuracy of the accounting data
- Refine financial and operating reporting across the business
- Communication company accounting and coding policies
- Resolve general ledger system errors and out of balance situations
- Maintain accounting rules and assist in training and development
- General ledger rolling automation
- Other ad hoc and process improvement activities
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- CA/CPA qualified is highly desirable
- Experience working within the insurance industry
- Experience working managing a variety of process improvement initiatives
- Strong hands on knowledge of US GAAP and Financial statement preparation
- Experience with accounting and ERP-type applications
- Excellent systems and automation skills
- Experience of influencing senior stakeholders