The ideal candidate will have solid PM skills with strong experience in DuckCreek as well as AGILE Methodology based project implementation.
This role reflects a highly experienced project manager who operates in a strong individual contributor capacity. Responsible for working with business partners, stakeholders and other team members to identify and understand highly complex business requirements and processes in order to recommend and support the delivery of quality technical solutions.
The individual will have responsibility for project management activities, including the planning, coordination and execution of projects/programs in support of our business partners.
- Manage all phases of project development and implementation by ensuring business deliverables are completely satisfied, on time and within budget.
- Produce reports on assigned project deliverables to keep management apprised of project status, major issues, scope changes, resource changes and milestone achievements or misses.
- Escalate issues as required to appropriate project teams, business or counterparts. Serve as the liaison to the customer for the development team.
- Analyze problems in terms of process and/or systems functionality; generate data and apply analytical and quantitative techniques to formulate, describe, communicate and coordinate implementation of recommended solutions.
- Measure and report on program/project successes and challenges of the program/project using metrics that can be clearly understood throughout the Company.
- Document and communicate project status to project team and/or management. Provide final approval of project implementation.
- Working with the Project Management Office, manage projects following the Project Management methodology, ensuring that risks are managed; issues are addressed; costs and time are monitored; communications take place with stakeholders; quality is managed; and the team is engaged.
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides clear written and verbal communications to project team.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by IT Management.
- Responsible for coaching, developing and motivating direct reports. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: recruitment and selection; employee appraisals and proactively addressing employee grievance and performance issues. It is important that these duties are carried out in accordance with Company policies and practices and in conjunction with HR
- In addition to the above key responsibilities, you may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as the Company may reasonably require.
- 10+ years of project management experience within (re)insurance technology applications, there is a strong preference for project management experience in the underwriting business area.
- Vendor management experience, managing large vendors to time, cost and quality
- Participation in vendor management negotiations
- Professional qualifications in project management.
- Bachelor's degree in business, related field or equivalent experience; advanced degree preferred and may substitute for some required experience.
- Strong analytical and information gathering skills; with the ability to create solid written project artifacts, including the business case creation.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team to drive projects and deliverables.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills; must be able to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization remotely and in-person.
- Strong problem-solving, lateral thinking, communications, planning, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and support multiple projects.
- Ability to work with remote teams
- Strong experience with Microsoft products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and MS Access.
- Attention to detail, ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines. Demonstrated success in fast- paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing projects and demands.