DevOps Engineer - Advent Geneva Individual responsibilities include administering and maintaining core technology systems, developing expertise in off the shelf and proprietary systems at the firm, supporting production systems, acting as an escalation point for other IT Operations teams, deputising for the head of IT when required, configuring and optimizing automation systems and monitoring environments, and process improvement through scripted task automation. Key responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for business applications, working with stakeholders.
- Develop technical expertise in off-the-shelf and proprietary systems such as Advent Geneva
- Script and provision QA, UAT, and Production releases for development teams.
- Coordinate with other technology teams to ensure adherence with SDLC procedures.
- Proactive monitoring and maintenance to maintain the health of environments.
- Implement and improving system monitoring for early problem escalation.
- Follow and improve Incident Management and Change Management procedures.
- Provide excellent customer care to all internal stakeholders and clients.
- Document environments and procedures for use by IT Operations.
Skills & Experience
- Financial service experience - Investment management background preferable but not essential
- 3+ yrs' experience in a Application Support / DevOps Engineer role.
- Familiarity with Advent Geneva
- Experience with Agile/Agile-lite development teams and SDLC processes.
- Previous exposure to FIX messaging.
- Scripting experience in at least one language (e.g. Powershell, Python, Perl)
- Strong working knowledge of SQL.
- Excellent analytical / troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Quick and eager to learn new technologies.