My client is undergoing a major programme of technology transformation, modernising its entire IT estate by migrating to Azure and moving into a Product/DevOps model. The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for translating business needs into technology / functional designs and delivering/developing a common supportable Azure architecture that conforms to known successful patterns, and that support evolution toward the future-state architecture.
- Ownership of Continuous Integration, Terraform, Chef and Azure DevOps processes and standards.
- Produce application cloud design documentation for services being migrated to Azure.
- Accountable for developing infrastructure as code and testable secure infrastructure.
- Collaborate with product teams and developers to build long-term solutions.
- Innovate to replace manual processes through automation that enable engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
- Build Azure pipelines and migrate systems and infrastructure to the Cloud.
- Develop appropriate standards and metrics to demonstrate performance and operational efficiency.
- Resolve problems at their root with simple and repeatable solutions.
- Provide guidance to and peer reviews of for DevOps engineers deliverables.
- Create processes that enhance operation workflow and provide positive customer impact.
Regulatory Conduct Rules
- Act with integrity
- Act with due skill, care and diligence
- Be open and co-operative with Lloyd's, the FCA, the PRA, and other regulators
- Pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- Observe proper standards of market conduct
Education, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- As a senior role; significant experience of working in a multi tenanted security focused enterprise organisation is required, multiple Azure or AWS implementation experience is required in
- architecting cloud platforms and application deployment methodologies
- programming and scripting languages such as Python, Ruby or PowerShell
- CI tools such as Jenkins, AzureDevops or TeamCity
- pipeline builds, release packaging and artefact management
- enterprise wide agile methodologies and practices
- configuration management software like Chef or Puppet
- developing Infrastructure as code using Terraform, ARM, Ansible
- implementing monitoring and fail over strategies
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve Azure related issues independently.