Data Modeler - Charlotte - 9 Month Contract
Seeking a Data Modeler for one of our Life Insurance clients in Charlotte, NC.
- 10- 15 years of overall experience in Financial Services industry with background in Insurance domain is required for this position.
- Data Modeling in Big Data/Hadoop environment is a mandatory requirement
- Translate business and data requirements into data models in support of Enterprise Data Models, Data Warehouse and Analytical systems.
- Experience in designing and creating data domains within the data lake or enterprise data warehouse systems.
- Experienced in deeper understanding of Data analytics, Emerging technologies and Development practices
- Collaboration with a high-performing, forward-focused team, Product Owner(s) and Business stakeholders
- Work with business owners to understand the business use cases that support and fulfill business and data strategy.
- Designing Logical Data Models, standardize data being sourced from disparate sources and stewarding the data design of the asset and ensuring alignment with the larger roadmap goals
- Opportunity to expand your communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organization capabilities
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment - driving business outcomes in Agile ways of working
- Perform rigorous data analysis and data discovery and data profiling.
- Understand the relationships across business information and units of data; collaborate with Analysts, Actuaries, Data Stewards and Business Customers to identify data usage patterns and to formulate Business names, definitions and data quality rules for data elements.
- 5+ years of experience in Conceptual, logical and physical Data Modeling for Big Data and or enterprise data warehouse
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills
- Very strong Dimensional modeling and 3NF modeling skills
- 3-5 years of experience in Data Management best practices, Data Integration, Data Rationalization and Data Patterns.
- 10+ years' experience writing Complex SQL queries to perform data analysis, profiling and create/maintain data objects and load data
- 2+ experience with Modeling tool such as ErWin, ER Studio, Enterprise Architect, etc. is required
- 2+ years' experience with scoop, Hue and Hive
- Solid experience designing partitioned and non-partitioned tables, indexes, temporary tables and external tables to maximize storage and performance
- Detail oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze complex and large amounts of data
If interested please respond with an updated resume.