Audit Data Analyst
Group Internal Audit Finance and Operations
About the role As a Data Analyst in Group Internal Audit (GIA), you will deliver analytics support to the Finance and Operations audit teams and develop data analytics knowledge of the audit teams.
Your key tasks will involve discussing key risks and controls with business auditors, understanding relevant business processes and helping to formulate data-driven audit approaches and full data audits. You will then identify and obtain the required data, do the agreed analysis and discuss results with both the audit team and auditees. Furthermore, datadriven auditing is currently being embedded throughout all of GIA's activities and you will work closely with the Senior Audit Managers and responsible Audit Director to help drive this.
GIA has a central Data Analytics Team and you will have a dotted reporting line to the Senior Audit Manager for Data Analytics to ensure that all data work is delivered consistently across GIA using common processes, tools, etc.
Education and experience:
Minimum 3 years of experience in a role collecting, transforming and analysing data while working in audit, another assurance function or in a professional capacity related to the financial services industry.
* Good understanding of the Finance processes ideally with working practices in Finance areas
* Proficient in SAP
* University degree in a numerate discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Maths).
* Proficient in SQL and Tableau (or comparable data visualization tools).
* Good awareness of data visualization good practice (e.g. Stephen Few).
* Experience doing process mining using tools such as Disco, Perceptive (preferred)