Cloud Security Engineer
We are looking for an experience Cloud focused Security Engineer to join a reputable and innovative company to be based out of there modern offices in Warrington.
A large transformation project towards automation & continuous integration across the business is underway, and with the technology department rapidly expanding - now is an exciting time to join and become a key part of the growth of the company.
You will directly be supporting the Head of IT Security ensuring that Cloud Services and IT Development are delivered in a way that supports the confidentiality, integrity & availability of system and data. Your main responsibilities will involve monitoring all cloud service usage, compliance with cloud security policies, to offer specialist support & guidance and to be responsible for supporting the build and evaluation of all cloud based services.
- The design & development of cloud security control infrastructure
- Cloud Security Risk Assessments, maintain ongoing assessments of emerging cloud threats - making recommendations as you go.
- Perform security assessments, including vulnerability & application testing.
- To Ensure that all appropriate security tooling is implemented & that security policies & controls are in place
- Service as a specialist with cross-functional teams - advising & assisting with design & implementation of various cloud / cloud security projects. Measure compliance with IT security policies and maintain industry leading standards across the whole business.
- Drive forward the embedding of security within the continuous integration / improvement pipeline - supporting the Agile / DevOps execution.
- Provide 2nd / 3rd line support on IT Security incidents
Skills & Experience
- A background in cloud computing is needed, Azure is desired;however, other cloud platforms will be considered
- An understanding of IT Risks, controls, mitigation techniques and an expertise with vulnerability scanning techniques
- Vulnerability detection & remediation.
- Experience with designing cloud security monitoring solutions
- Good knowledge of ITIL processes and an understanding of Agile & DevOps methodologies
- Experience working with development teams & the embedding of security tooling with them
You will be the specialist for the business and therefore travel to other company sites will occasionally be required however there will also be options to work from home.
Paying up to £75k + a 20% bonus and an excellent pension, it is a great opportunity to make a real difference to a reputable business and in an exciting field!. You will be based in their offices just outside Warrington - fully remote for now, with a likelihood of 50/50 home / Office working in the future.
Please click apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details