Chief Operating Officer
This is an outstanding opportunity to join, and become an instrumental part of the future of an innovative PE backed Insurer.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the CFO, and being a part of the management team, you will be responsible for ensuring the operational, technical capability and leadership within the business to develop and operate to maximum potential and value.
You will be required to maximise the performance of business operational functions to achieve key objectives, agreed business targets and develop a strong platform for growth.
- Drive consistency amongst processes, policies and operational discipline throughout the business
- Act as an effective leader with the ability to connect with and inspire a high performance culture that drives positive changes and executes swiftly
- Ensure predictable operational performance is achieved in terms of customer service levels and asset availability/ condition
- Assists the translation of the CEOs vision into operation strategy, and priorities
- Set the strategic direction for the operational functions that will drive bottom line growth, whilst creating a robust and effective business
- Drive global efficiency and effectiveness
- Deliver the organizational structure, tools, data, measures and processes to support rapid execution and growth
- Oversee reporting for operational performance, and ensure improvement against key indicators
- Ensures offshore services are efficient and being leveraged globally in an effective and efficient manner
- Hire, develop and help train key talent across all teams
- Work alongside the CFO to lead the business with full global P&L responsibility and taking ownership of a number of divisions in the company.
- Minimum 7 years experience leading operations in a fast growth company
- Financial services experience desirable
- A strong leader with high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency for completing and following through on tasks; resolves challenges in a timely manner
- Ability to hold others accountable for delivery and follow through on commitments.
- Keen eye for excellence and is cost conscious; understands the fundamentals of running a business
- A passionate leader who creates an environment where people are motivated to go the extra mile and put in discretionary effort to get things done well