Procurement Category Manager x 3 (IT & Travel)
Reporting to a Head of Procurement, you will manage assigned categories (IT and Travel) to ensure short and long term value through the formulation and implementation of category sourcing strategies to achieve the business objectives and/or the lowest Total Cost of Ownership. Tgere are 3 roles available, 2 in IT and 1 in Travel. The business is based near Birmingham Airport, offers a flexible working pattern and excellent benefits.
- Generate transparency for all allocated categories through a Category Management process.
- Monitor and provide information on category spend and savings opportunities.
- Identify specific market trends for categories, evaluate impact on business and liaise with stakeholders.
- Manage the development of spend and supplier profiles for categories.
- Identify and drive category savings initiatives.
- Monitor risks and opportunities in the supplier market for the category and describe likely factors which may affect sourcing options.
- Collect, collate, analyse, and distribute marketplace research data in order to gain and sustain a competitive edge in the industry.
- Act as the main contact and escalation point with business stakeholders to understand requirements.
- Respond to questions from the business units and troubleshoot to resolve user issues/queries
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal customers.
- Encourage feedback from customers in relation to contract and procurement performance within the category.
- Accurately explain procurement policies and processes to the business and suppliers to ensure compliance and governance.
- Own the overall Category plan ensuring business unit demand requirements and supply constraints are captured.
- Align the category sourcing strategy with technical, commercial, demand and supply requirements.
- Manage the provision of the commercial bridge between future plans for satisfying customer demand and the external support required to deliver.
- Lead category opportunity assessments, value analysis/assessment etc.
- Responsible for contracting strategy ensuring business requirements and best value.
What We Are Looking For
- Minimum A Level standard education, and MCIPS (or equivalent) qualified.
- Appropriate level of purchasing experience in a relevant category.
- Good understanding of Contract Law and terms and conditions of Contract is essential.
- Proven track record in negotiation and supply relationship management.
- Understanding of supply markets within the relevant categories.
- Knowledge of e-commerce tools is desirable.
- Highly results-orientated with demonstrable success, achieving and exceeding challenging targets both personally and through others.
- Experience of operating in a complex, commercial, multi-divisional organisation.
- Engaging communicator demonstrating influencing skills and an ability to adapt approaches to differing audiences.
- Solutions oriented, providing explanations and proposed resolutions to problems rather than purely identifying problems.
- Demonstrates a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action.