I am currently supporting a global reinsurance company in recruiting a Catastrophe Modeller to be based in Zurich.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a small European Team whilst interacting with different departments such as Risk Management and Underwriting.
- Analysis of international Property & Casualty insurance contracts
- Collect and report catastrophe exposures such as probabilistic losses and disaster scenarios
- Operate natural hazard and third-party vendor models as well as pricing tools
- Research and be kept up-to-date with scientific and engineering issues related to catastrophe risk
- Refine catastrophe tools
- Provide catastrophe risk insights to the underwriting team
- Participate in model improvements
- University degree in Climatology, Geology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or similar
- Strong IT skills are necessary, knowledge of languages such as Python, R or SQL would be an advantage
- Experience in the (re-)insurance industry is highly desirable
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and excellent organisational skills are essential
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent English (both written and oral)