Oliver James Associates have been mandated by a leading UK asset management firm based in London to search for an experienced IT project manager on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity for an IT & project professional to oversee the IT functions and to ensure successful delivery of multiple programmes. The client offers a very desirable working culture and the chance to join a market-leading asset manager.
To apply for this position, you must have experience of the following:
- Undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience, including successfully managing large projects from inception to completion
- Established ability to manage and improve business processes
- Ability to work independently
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate to consensus
- Proven project-management skills and experience
- Ability to generate creative approaches and solutions
- Strong communication skills
- MS PowerPoint expert
- Financial services or fin tech experience (5+ years)
Typical day to day responsibilities will include:
- Assumes ownership of program / project from initiation through delivery. Leads project team members, both business and IT, in the implementation of new services to existing services, capabilities, and processes.
- Plans, schedules, coordinates and manages business activities and resources required to deliver project solutions.
- Ensures effective communication, written and / or verbal, of project / program status regularly to key project stakeholders and management.
- Serves as a key business, technical and project resource / liaison between IT, Testing, vendors, and internal business partners throughout the project life cycle.
- Identifies, evaluates, elevates, and resolves problems that impact the completion/quality of the project. Ensures coverage of operational and technological issues in discussion of new products and services.
- Maintains cross-platform technical knowledge, understands browsers, performance and infrastructure; identifies crossover opportunities and solutions. Proactively tests internal and external applications and actively supports elevation activities.
- Initiates, leads and participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
This is a permanent opportunity based in London paying up to £70000 (plus benefits) dependant on experience.