BI Developer - Manchester City Centre
We are looking for 3 BI Developers to join a successful Tech business based in Manchester with approx. 120 people in the Tech team. Due to growth in the BI Solutions team, we are looking for BI Developers with a range of skills who will be developing solutions which are used to report on and drive business decisions in various departments. Interacting with key stakeholders at all levels of business the role has a strong customer focus. You will work collaboratively with internal customers to provide solutions that are accurate and have integrity and value to the business.
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Identifying and refining data and reporting requirements from key stakeholders.
- Production of analytics and insights
- Develop reporting
- Validating scripts provided by other developers.
- Visualising and reporting data findings creatively in a variety of formats.
- Thinking strategically about uses of data and how data use interacts with data design.
- Performing data studies and data discovery around new data sources or new uses for existing data sources.
- Data extraction from multiple sources for reporting purposes.
You will be using
- Microsoft BI Stack
- SQL server 2014/2017
- Visual Studio
- Team Foundation Services (TFS)
- MS Power BI
- Experience in analysis and development with a BI environment
- Experience in T-SQL and Power BI
- Experience of SSRS and SSIS
- Experience of data warehouse development/ETL
- Knowledge of Kimball methodology
The business offers an excellent working environment with a gym on site which runs various classes through the day. The business is located in a large building taking over a number of floors including a large canteen and eating area on the top floors. The business has a very social and inclusive environment, running a number of events which range to meet a number of preferences on how to socialise, should that be joining a sporting event, to nights out, to more learning and sharing orientated activities. The offices have tram stop outside with some local parking with a monthly fee.