We are looking for an experienced AWS Engineer to join a growing infrastructure team based in Manchester. You would be joining one of the largest providers of investment platforms and online stockbroker services across the Country.
With a competitive salary (DOE) with an excellent package including a bonus! This role will be based out of their modern offices in Manchester where you will be the AWS expert for this site and responsible for helping to deliver continuous improvement within the infrastructure function.
With the company and Tech department going through huge growth, and new AWS transformation projects lined up, this role will give you the exposure and opportunity to play a vital role in the companies cloud journey.
- Assist with the design, maintenance & management of our AWS hosted infrastructure
- Work alongside the Development, UAT and production teams and environments.
- Support and provide a resilient, scalable & secure platform
- Support across BAU and projects
- Third line incident and service request resolutions
- Provide internal guidance & support to your infrastructure colleagues regarding AWS
Skills & Experience
- Extensive AWS expertise (ideally within the financial sector)
- AWS capacity & performance logging & monitoring solutions
- Understanding of containerisation (Docket, AWS ECS etc)
- Ability to confidently bring ideas to the table and present effective solutions
- Strong attention to detail who is able to take initiative
- Ability to focus on continuous improvement & delivery
- Both Linux and Windows skills - emphasis on scripting & Automation
- Automation tools, focusing on deployments though CodeBuilds & CodePipeline
- Experience in architecting & building solutions to support highly available & scalable websites / mobile apps / public APIs
- Database experience; MySQL, Aurora, MongoDB, Redis, NoSQL