* Manage Corporate reinsurance accounting team, in performing close related tasks, including managing the departments close calendar, ensuring all close activities are identified and scheduled in accordance with closing priorities in adherence to the Corporate close calendar.
* Participate in the review and implementation of non-routine transactions that includes accounting for Adverse Development Cover reinsurance on a retroactive accounting basis, managing the intercompany pooling process, including coordinating/implementing updates to the pooling agreement and other adhoc reinsurance agreements, as assigned by senior management.
* Review and/or prepare assumed and ceded day to day reinsurance general ledger transactions, including preparation of supporting schedules and preparation of reinsurance cession statements; plus, track the results against close calendar for both domestic and international reinsurance portfolios.
* Prepare and/or review the quarterly and annual U.S. Statutory and U.S. GAAP financial reporting for reinsurance balances and disclosures. Additionally, prepare and/or coordinate the preparation of analytics on reinsurance balances for presentation to senior management.
* Oversee the preparation of account reconciliations for reinsurance accounts, ensuring the reconciliation are fully supported by robust documentation and any reconciling items are fully identified as timing and/or as non-timing; for which a resolution plan is to be put in place for non-timing items.
* Manage the verification process over ceded facultative certificate and contracts (Quota Share, XOL, etc.), including the process over maintaining payables and recoverables, ensuring the timely and accurate booking, control and collection of the balances.
* Support adherence to the company's framework of internal controls, including driving the design and execution of reinsurance related controls.
* Manage staff by setting individual and team goals; with a strong focus on developing and mentoring others ensuring individuals gain in-depth knowledge of reinsurance accounting activities as it relates to premium, loss, funds held, deposit accounting, collateral, cash allocations and recoveries. assure professional growth
* 12+ years insurance accounting experience with minimum 4 years working in a reinsurance department or 7+ years of progressive accounting experience in the reinsurance industry
* Big 4 experience preferred
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting
* CPA or MBA preferred
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage workload to meet assigned deadlines in fast-paced environment
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that highlights the individual's ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and third parties to maximize performance by improving current processes or implementing new processes as deemed necessary
* Excellent Excel skills and comparable ERP experience, with working knowledge of Oracle GL a big plus