They offer you a job in an active and dynamic environment in which you will contribute to a strong control framework within my client's Domestic Banking branch in The Netherlands. This will also enable you to further expand your knowledge on Business Banking and Wholesale Banking services and expand your network in within my client.
My client is looking for an experienced audit supervisor who is energised by improving the control environment via the execution of high quality audits. This means evaluating the design and assessing the operating effectiveness of controls, in the form of processes, activities, applications, and so on. Independent assessments are carried out by means of various audit techniques. Audit findings are reported including suggestions for improvement and concrete recommendations, and presented to senior management.
As an Audit Supervisor you typically have more than 8 years relevant work experience. You require only limited supervision and guidance in areas that involve multiple and/or senior stakeholders, covering a varied array of topics in Business and Wholesale Banking services. You are able to actively lead the planning, execution and reporting process of audits, independently. This means that you supervise the work performed by the team, and execute audit related work under high quality standards; you coach your auditors on the job; pro-actively give feedback on the progress of the audit towards stakeholders; foresee issues and/or carry out your work in a way that avoids bottlenecks building up in the audit process; You can prepare high quality draft reports and discuss these with the auditee.
You will be based in Amsterdam and work as part of the retail team within the Audit Division. Together with your Amsterdam colleagues, you will provide audit coverage on a variety of audits mainly related to the domain of the Netherlands. Although you will mainly work in The Netherlands, you will also have to opportunity to support audit teams abroad.
At my client they realise that qualitative growth means that we always have to have the best people in the best positions. That's why they will invest in your personal growth and development. Tjey will ensure that they support you in always being up to date on the key developments in your field, and that you continue to improve your performance.
- Have the ability to independently plan and execute complex audit assignments. Manage a complex audit process within the agreed constraints and is responsible for the timely closure of the audit files. Prepare high quality draft audit reports which include the identified control weaknesses and which are written in a clear and concise manner.
- Have an academic degree and are in the possession of an audit or comparable certification (RA/RE/RO and CIA) or want to attain such certification.
- Have (International) experience in complex organisations and a bird's eye view and knowledge of business, risks and associated controls.
- Maintain a professional relationships with the audit clients. Manage expectations of auditees, through active communications.
- Provide input to the Audit Strategy Memorandum, Audit universe and the yearly Audit Plan.
- Have 8 years relevant work experience in Banking (preferably in risk and finance) and/or audit and internal control.
- Are organisationally sensitive and effective in conflict management.
- Have proven communication, convincing and advisory skills with the ability to work at all levels in the organisation.
- Keep up to date on developments in the field of auditing. Have a thorough understanding of the areas subject to audits. Apply in-depth knowledge and encourage knowledge sharing amongst colleagues.