Audit Manager Credit Risk
My clients audit team conducts and coordinates operational audits within the area of Credit Risk Management. The Audit Manager Credit Risk, together with a team of auditors and credit risk specialists, plays an important role in providing assurance within this area with a worldwide coverage.
As an Audit Manager Credit Risk you will be located in Amsterdam within the Credit Risk audit team. This team is part of the Audit Division Risk & Finance. This is a highly professional organisation with approximately 20 audit teams across the globe and comprises a diverse international team of around 410 members. You will work in a positive working atmosphere where people are used to an open communication style. Education and training are highly supported and innovation like for instance increased use of data analytics in audits is stimulated.
What you'll do:
- you are involved in multiple audits at the same time and are supervising the work performed by the team members and other colleagues;
- next to the audit work you perform yourself. Professional as you are, you are also responsible for audit planning and audit tracking, i.e. audit project management. This includes maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders, and joining key meetings and in order to ensure a smooth audit process and guiding the discussions;
- if required you also act as Audit Lead. While being responsible for the first signature on audit reports, an audit or risk management qualification is required;
- next to leading and providing support to operational audits, you will also play an important role in analyzing and communicating trends and developments in the area of Credit Risk Management. This will enable you to come with suggestions for the adaption of these trends and developments in the audit strategy and audit planning;
- in line with this you will play a pivotal role in providing assurance at global level within the area of Credit Risk Management.
How to succeed:
- have an academic degree and are preferably in the possession of a certification in Risk Management or in Internal Control / Administrative Organisation;
- have (international) experience in complex organisations and a bird's eye view and knowledge of my client's business and market risks, and associated controls;
- have (preferably) up or beyond 10 years relevant work experience in credit risk management and/or audit and internal control within a major bank or financial institution;
- are fluent in English (fluency in other languages is much appreciated);
- are organizationally sensitive and effective in conflict management;
- have proven communication, convincing and advisory skills with the ability to work at all levels in the organization (a track record in project management is advantageous);
- have built bridges by nature and are able to bridge between different levels, different people and different cultures;
- are willing to travel 6-10 weeks per year;
- awareness of credit risk processes and infrastructure and an understanding of credit risk regulations as well as credit risk measurement, including regulatory/economic capital calculations and loan loss provisioning is important;
- preferably you have a qualification and experience in auditing in financial institutions;
- Strong verbal, writing , analytical and interpersonal skills helps you to ask the right questions and get the right information; also when you have to overcome resistance first;
- You are accurate and describe yourself as a team player who is very capable of working in international teams;
- You like working with people and coaching of individuals as well as sharing knowledge on the job or by means of training's;