This large and rapidly growing S&P 500 organisation is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to join the corporate accounting team and play a central role in its financial management.
The roles is involved with, financial accounting, financial analysis, team management and project work.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall financial management of the corporate head office of this large S&P 500 organisation.
Specific duties to include:-
- Managing staff, workflows and deliverables of the financial reporting stream in Group Finance
- Ensuring compliance with corporate and statutory reporting and governance requirements
- Keeping abreast of technical accounting changes including proactive consideration of impacts on the business
- Ensuring accuracy and timeliness of reported information
- Reviewing subsidiary, associate and joint venture financial statements and accounting
- Support the business planning process for corporate as well as including review of business unit submissions.
- Champion innovation within the corporate accounting department.
- Provide financial reports to senior department leaders (e.g. account analysis, reconciliations, ad hoc analysis, etc.).
- Ad hoc projects as considered necessary relating to corporate needs or business unit assistance
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- MBA, CPA, ACCA or similar highly desirable
- Knowledge of US GAAP and Statutory Accounting Principles
- Sophisticated and highly developed excel spreadsheet skills required
- Strong business process and workflow analysis background
- Excellent communication and experience working with senior management
- Ability to engage and liaise with non-finance personnel concerning finance related topics
- An ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong organisational and analytical skills with attention to detail